Transfer domain names from Network Solutions to Caridot
This page takes you step by step through the procedure for transferring a domain away from Network Solutions and into an account at Caridot.
The transfer process involves the tasks that are described below. Following the transfer tasks, we provide information about tracking the progress of the transfer, and ICANN rules regarding rejections.
Transfer Task 1: Verify that the domain name is eligible for transfer
To make sure your domain name can be transferred, check the following:
- The domain name has been registered for at least 60 days, and has been at Network Solutions for at least 60 days.
- The domain name is not in "client update prohibited" status.
Transfer Task 2: Update contact information for the domain name
Before you can transfer a domain, the Registrant and Administrative contact information (especially the email addresses) must be up-to-date at Network Solutions, because these contacts receive the transfer request and okay the transfer.
To update the Registrant and Administrative contacts at Network Solutions:
- Log on to your account at NetworkSolutions.com.
- Click "Edit Account Contacts".
- Click the account name for which you want to confirm contact information.
- In the "Edit WHOIS Contacts" section, click "View/Edit WHOIS Contacts".
- Select the check box next to the domain name you want to confirm, and click "Continue".
- If the Administrative contact information needs to be updated, select the "Administrative Contact" option and click "Continue".
- Follow the instructions in the interface. When you have successfully completed the update, the user interface displays a confirmation.
- Repeat for the Registrant.
Transfer Task 3: Obtain the authorization code or retag the domain name
Some TLDs require that you provide an authorization code for your domain name, to provide an extra level of assurance that the transfer request comes from an authorized source.
To transfer a .com, .net, .org, .info, or .biz domain name, obtain the authorization code from Network Solutions:
- Call Network Solutions 24-hour support line at 888-642-9675.
- Request the domain name authorization code.
Transfers of TLDs other than those named above do not require any codes or tags.
Transfer Task 4: Unlock the domain name
Before you can transfer a domain name away from Network Solutions, it must be unlocked. Locking is a feature most registrars offer to prevent unauthorized transfers (hijacking) of domain names.
- In your Network Solutions account, click the domain name you want to unlock.
- In the "Domain Details" section, click "Edit".
- Select "Turn Domain Protect Off" and then click "Save".
Transfer Task 5: Transfer the domain name to Caridot
Once you have prepared the domain name at Network Solutions, you're ready to transfer to Caridot.